Ohhhh Shoko!!

Shoko is at a Jamboree at Cat Scouts for the rest of the week and is having a great time I’ll bet. So today I will be telling you a tail that happened last year around this time.

It was the quiet of the evening. Dad was working out of town for a couple of weeks. Mom was watching TV and I was curled up on her lap. It’s getting darn cold in November so a little cuddling was called for. Mom looked out our sliding glass door and there was Shoko’s butt. Mom went over to the door still watching her program and let Shoko in. Shoko immediately took off to the little space in front of the basement door at the bottom of the stairs. Oh oh! This is the sign Shoko has a live mouse to play with. For about half an hour Shoko played with the mouse…mom was having a cow downstairs because she couldn’t get it away from Shoko. When she came upstairs, she kept wringing her hands and having a bird upstairs.

Shoko's playing area

Shoko’s playing area

Finally Shoko got hungry and brought her wee buddy upstairs while she chowed down. Well, as soon as the mouse hit the floor, it was gone. Both Shoko and I got into the game of hide and go seek. Mom was not amused!! This game went on for a week….a not happy mom would try and find it everyday. Seems the mouse developed a pattern of hiding behind the Entertainment Center or under the fridge. Mom looked but it never seemed to venture anywhere else.

Here I am..ready or not!

Here I am..ready or not!

Mom hated to do it but she set up a mousetrap as far as she could get behind the Entertainment Center. There was no room for anything as big as a cat back there. So mom decided what had to be….just had to be. After mom placed the trap, Shoko wanted out and my little sis took off for parts unknown. Pretty soon she was back with a mouse dangling from her jaws. Mom got the broom out, opened the sliding glass door and was shoving it very indignantly in Shoko’s face….meanwhile out ran the current mouse house resident. Shoko got so excited she dropped the new mouse and started after the other….mice galore! An hour later Shoko came in and threw herself on the floor. Both mice got away. Mom had a very satisfied look on her face as she tripped the mousetrap.

29 thoughts on “Ohhhh Shoko!!

Kali told me that real mice are kinda stringy and she didn’t care for the texture. She says they’re much more fun to play with. I don’t know…I never caught a mouse.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

Mom had forgot about the “cellar” name. That is so true she says….she wonders if the term came about because the fruit cellars were usually down in the basement. Anyway back to your story. It must have been quite the sight to see….43 partial corpses! Hopefully there were no more hangers on.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

2. Jean mueller

In our old house I caught a mouse-what a fun wiggly toy! I ran down the hall to the bed where I bring all my toys.Mom was running behind me yelling “drop it, drop it!”Mom nailed the little creaturewith a wet mop and disposed of it.Now we are in our new house and mom is hoping there will be no more live toys. Sasha

Well in this case…she was the only human here and what could she do. It really was here fault….Shoko doesn’t normally come in butt first….something was up and she failed to notice. I tell you, she looks at our mouths before we come in especially this time of year. Dad doesn’t think about a mouse in our mouth so Shoko can always catch him up. *giggle*

Kitty
      kisses,

Kali

3. mariodacat

OMG – what a tale! M is having a birdie now cuz there are mousies outside. Traps have been set, and she’s not feeling guilty anymore because she heard we have an over abundance of mousies in our city. She certainly doesn’t want any in the house cuz they carry diseases. Oh Mousies!!!!!

4. Cupcake

What an exciting story. I’m glad there was a happy ending. Well, happy for everybody except Shoko, I guess. Your mom is so brave. I’m pretty sure my mom would’ve packed up and moved!

Love and licks,
    Cupcake

5. dezizworld

OMC Mommy wuld be havin’ mowe than birds. MOL Mommy sez dat Shoko’s hiney wuld be stayin’ in da house fwum now on. No mousies in ow house. Dat weez know of MOL

Dezi and Lexi

A mousie flying through the house is part of life here. Shoko is a happy kitty and adventurous as far as the lane goes…anywhere else and she won’t go..too many things are different. If, dad was home he would have handled quickly. Mom just became more attentive when she let one of us in.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

1. dezizworld

OMC Weez hav only had 2 mousies in ow house and they wuz afur meez time. One wuz caught on one of thise glue twaps behind a door dat nevew gets open and so mommy didn’t know till after it had pulled itself loose and escaped back outside, and da udder weez nevew saw, but had ate one of mommy’s dwess shoes and pooped in it. MOL Mommy just fweaks out ovew such fings. MOL Dat Shoko be sumfin’ else.

Dezi

Yuck! Pooping in your moms shoes….is disgusting and we wouldn’t like that either. Mom had a friend that had a dog, a cat and a mouse. Can you imagine? Mom says I should not judge anybody for doing anything I consider strange as Shoko does not exactly act like royalty herself. So I reserve judgement for those with more class than I.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

3. dezizworld

Yep, mommy wuz not purrleased. They wuz hers only white shoes. MOL As fur da dog da cat and da mouse…OMC Altho’ mommy has owned hamsters afur. And she sez they be rodents of sorts. Weez fink it’s okay to fink dat what udders do be a little stwange, but weez just can’t say they be wong fur duin’ it. Yous know sis Lexi dusn’t unnewstand why meez chases evewy spider dat comes in da house, but she gets outta da way so me can. MOL

Dezi and Lexi

Really! You catch spiders and flies. You have to be pretty fast to catch flies….I have never caught a fly….Shoko has but not me. Mom likes spiders cause they eat ants and she hates ants. So I just sit and talk with spiders….no attacking. I will tell more of Shoko’s adventures over time. She is coming back tomorrow from the Jamboree.

Kitty kisses,

Kali

6. easyweimaraner

that’s the non-disney version of Fievel’s American Tails , hahahaha :o) You can send Shoko to me, I bring mice in my crib too :o) The staff needed 3 weeks to catch it with a live catch trap. My dad brought the illegal immigrant to our meadow to set it free and all what he saw was, that the darned mousethingy crossed the street and ran back into my crib :o(