Busy, Busy, Busy

Yesterday mom said, “Shoko, the oven’s getting pretty dirty so I better clean it out today. This I just gotta see….mom in the stove scrubbing away. Peeps have told me it is a dirty and tough job. It’s pretty hard work. I’d wait till burnt food was falling out the oven door before I would attempt it.. I sat on my bag in the kitchen entrance and was enthralled with the antics. First mom took out the racks and then started reading a book….c’mon mom concentrate, don’t go reading a story now. Then she looked in the oven. Yep, its still dirty. She pressed a button and turned a knob and then sat down. Hey, what are you doing woman!! Nothing’s changed. She looked pretty much like she was going to stay there for quite a while. OK, its your dirty oven. Peeps really!! I went outside for a few hours but figured I’d come in and see what was happening with this here dirty oven. Well, the racks were nice and clean. They must have taken a hot sudsy bath while I was out. It was hot and stinky in the kitchen. I fell asleep on my bag waiting for some action. Whatever, was happening was happening slowly. Finally, mom walked in the kitchen and opened the oven door…I had to look twice.

Wha what? No scrubbing?

Wha what? No scrubbing?

There was a small pile of ash in the bottom of the oven….mom swept it out and shut the oven door. Oven’s done. Really?? That’s it?? Mom! That was so easy…the oven cleaned itself. Geesh! Mom is so proud of herself. Go figure.

31 thoughts on “Busy, Busy, Busy

1. dezizworld

Wow Shoko dat’s pawsum. Ow oven dusn’t clean itself, mommy duz da scwubbin’. Course hers cleans it after evewy use so hers dusn’t hav to scwub too hawd or too long. And yous foto is so cute. Yous actually looked surpwised. MOL

Dezi

It’s a magic oven you have just like WE have Shoko….yep – magic alright as it just cleans itself right up and leaves a little bit of ash PERIOD. Done……I think it’s way cool myself!!

Hugs, Sammy

It is very cool but to say, “I must clean the oven.” conjures up pictures of scrubbing and cleaning, sweat pouring off mom’s face….hardly….wish catching mice was as easy….hahaha

Bug hugs,

Yep, a pile of ash on the bottom of the oven….cremating dead food…you got the right word Fozziemum. That’s what mom should say next time she “cleans” the oven. I can just hear her, “OK Shoko, its time for a little cremation in the oven.” Nobody but Kali and I would know what she was talking about….you too Fozziemum.

3. easyweimaraner

Shoko, it seems today all people had the same idea :o) my mom was busy with the oven too… sadly our oven is not strong enough to clean the door by istself, so my mom had to do it. I’m sad that all that tasty crumbs and splashes ended as ash, my mom has no idea how tasty burnt cheese can be…. she is definitely NO gourmet.

Ours isn’t strong enough to do the door or window either but heck this took mom no time at all….maybe 5 minutes…big deal. The pizzas seem to be terribly destructive in the oven…I agree burnt cheese is pretty good……however cremated cheese is dreadful.

Bug hugs,

4. catfromhell

Hey! That’s exactly what wes doing right now, cleaning the oven, except Mommy and me is reading my furrends blogs! Too bad about the frost. It even frosted in Midway this week! But here in Calgary, the snow is gone and it is getting a little warmer.
    Kisses
    Nellie

Actually, between you and me Nellie, I was getting tired of minding the garden everyday. So I feel free now…free to visit with my pals and partake in some nip and generally relax. Mom has said that Calgary can get schnooks where the weather warms up a lot. You lucky devil. Any warming up around here is considered a weird turn of events. hahaha

Bugs hugs,

hahaha….guess they would get rather tarnished if left inside that hot oven. Oh well, its not like visitors peek in your oven before eating dinner. If, they do….tell them to go home cause that’s just plain rude. Mom read the manuel which said to take everything out of the bottom drawer…..she’s never done that….haha

Bugs hugs,

Shoko, you are looking quite lovely there with your stunning blue eyes. Tell Kali thanks for joining our Sunday Selfies Blog Hop. today XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo
    p.s. Mom mailed your book on Friday.

Well, thank you for the compliment…Hope the shipping wasn’t too much. When I get the book I will definitely mention it in my blog. Glad everything worked out with the selfie…..mom was very unsure because she had never done it before.

Bugs hugs,

You live in the Okanagan? Oh boy!! You are right here in BC. How is the weather in the Okanagan. We’ve had our killer frost…you too? I haven’t been overwhelmed with mice though and I usually am this time of year.

Nice to know you friend.

Bugs hugs,

7. Nylabluesmum

MOL Shoko aren’t Hu’Manz dramatick???
    yer Mum haz a self cleenin oven. Dey are kewl. We do not have one here n Mum iz bery carefull to line da bottom wif foil cause she cannot use da oven cleener stuff; she stopz breethin!!! She doez scrub da rackz once in a blue moon…iz one of her most unfaverite taskz me can tell ya!
    Me iz glad yer Mum did not have to scrub 😉
    Yer furend ❤ Nylablue ❤

Fur sure they are dramatic but then again I’ve been known to be a drama queen so I can’t say much about her attitude. That would be hard on your mom, not being able to breathe with the chemical fumes….she needs a self cleaning oven. Mom says she used to have to scrub the oven and it would take all day to clean the darned thing. The oven must’ve been pretty dirty, is all I can say. Thanks for visiting with us.

(((Shoko)))

8. Nylabluesmum

😉 Shoko me nickyname at da Vet’z iz “Drama Queen” so me understandz….
    yer rite ’bout dem fumez n da stove butt we iz in Housin n dey will not give us a new stove til da old one diez…m eben den it will not bee self cleenin. Mum will just have to keep linin da bottom wif foil n change it when needed. Me Mum told me scrubbin da oven used to take fureber too….
    Yer wellcome fer da bizit…we meant to pop over agez ago…
    ❤ Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum ❤

9. Timmy Tomcat

Hey Shoko.
    Wow how nice to have a modern convenience. Ours is not and Dad put some stinky stuff in there while telling us to GIT… Well he just wiped a bit and it was all over. Did stink for awhile. I think I will tell him to come to your house for instruction.
    Timmy

10. Canadian Cats

haha….Mom says the old way was pretty hard and stinky. Nobody liked cleaning the oven so they all waited till the oven was disgusting and then cleaned it. So mom knows what you’re talking about. These ovens do cost more though and I can certainly understand one having to get a regular stove and oven,

(((Shoko)))