As Time Goes By…

Summer is slowly winding down up here in the North Central Interior of BC. The nights are not only chilly but downright cold at times. My craving for staying out late and cavorting with my buddies is fading away and replaced with a nice warm basket and the urge to have a rip snorting game of THOE (thundering herd of elephants) with Kali.

I thought it would be fun to look back at my veggie garden throughout the summer.

June 2014

The garden is showing great growth so all the fussing was worth it.

The summer was gorgeous and everyday I was up and out the door before I even had the sleep out of my eyes. A little water and fertilizing produced an unbelievable garden.

DSCN1587My work in the garden is paying off. Look how green everything is now.

The veggie garden at its peak of freshness.

The veggie garden at its peak of freshness

Mt work is done for this season. The family has reaped the rewards of my hard work.

Cwap what a mess!

Cwap what a mess!

Talk about your Thundering Herd Of Elephants, geez!!

Enjoy the rest of summer my friends.

Cone Flowers

Black Eyed Susan’s

36 thoughts on “As Time Goes By…

1. dezizworld

Wow what a gawden yous had. Dat wuz sumfin’. Weez wulda lost it all to da bunnies and udder wildlife afur it evew got dat big. Ours wulda always looked like a fundewin’ herd of elefants hit it. MOL

Dezi

We are fortunate that there is no wildlife to speak of, close to us. There is a squirrel that runs along the overhead wires but he isn’t interested. He goes to a house two doors down and they feed him. I guess there is nothing you can do as some of these repellents for other animals are costly and I wouldn’t want to hurt the animal just make it eat elsewhere.

Sloppy kisses,

1. dezizworld

Yep Shoko weez wuldn’t wanna hurt ’em eevew, so weez just don’t worry ’bout it. Plus mommy’s gotten worse fwu da years and wuldn’t be able to tend to a gawden anymowe.

Dezi

What a super gorgeous garden you, Kali and your Mom grew this year…….and all that nommy food that you grew YOURSELVES! How VERY cool is that! Congratulations on a successful year in farming……….. !

Hugs, Sam

Gee, Thanks so much Sammy. I don’t think the garden will be so big next year. Mom has saved pea and bean seeds for next year so she doesn’t have to buy as many seeds in a packet. Also there is just the two of them. Maybe I can concentrate on making the bean bushes bigger then. I’ll think about that closer to gardening season…..right now, I’m FREE! lalalala

Kisses,

3. Pawcific Purrsea

You’ve got a very green paw Shoku…good growing. Our garden is on hold while mom renovates the back yard…which has been about 5 years so far. Pond, patio, waterfall, gazebo and even tho it doesn’t really affect the vegetable patch, it’s on hold too mostly due to boating instead of gardening. She does have a drip irrigation system… still in the box. She has some holidays left and has every intention of setting that up soon…ya right! =^,,^=
    (ps..let me know if you need any help joining the blog hops!)

You bet your booties it was Marty. The only things left in the garden are some carrots and potatoes. I don’t worry about those cause they are grown already and are in the dirt for storage.

Licks,

Thanks so much Furkids. I am not sorry its finished for the season….it was a pile of work but fun. Now is the time to visit with my buds and see what’s happening in their lives.

Licks,

4. PigLove

OMP – how beautiful that piggy buffet of a garden looks my friends! I could snack to my pot bellies content – I would gain a 100 pounds! Oh piggy THUD just thinking about it. YUMMY! XOXO – Bacon

Thank you so much Roxy and Tigerlino. It would be nice to be warmer in the winter but I wouldn’t want to garden all year…..with a break I can plan next years garden and anticipate the start of the growing season.

Kisses for by buds,

I have never heard of Custard marrows….are they a squash? Our other part of the garden is not finished yet….we have 2 more squash and the tomatoes are still turning red. The greenhouse has 5 melons growing and green peppers and mom’s favourite….leeks! However the big veggie garden that I look after is done. Mom heard on the radio it will be -2C tonight….you know what that means? I’m hoping that temperature is for the high ground. Prince George is in a valley. The tomatoes aren’t completely vine ripened yet. I’m hoping for mom’s sake that the temperature doesn’t get that low.

(((Shoko)))

6. Georgia and Julie

WOW! That was a mighty fine garden you had 😮
    You are lucky to get to go out and enjoy it.
    We do not have a fenced area, so we do not get to go outside.
    We have a porch though 😉
    We also notice that the air is not as humid and the nights are cooling a bit.
    Pretty soon the blankies will come out 🙂
    Purrs Georgia and Julie,
    Treasure and JJ

Yes, it sure is getting cold. Tonight is suppose to be -2C. We are in a valley…hopefully the cold won’t sink down to the valley.
      Welcome to our blog, my friend. Make yourself confy and have a look around.

(((Shoko)))

7. catfromhell

When Mommy was in Midway last week, they ripped out their garden too! Another couple of weeks and it will be Garlic Planting time! Your garden looks fabulishious! Me is wishing me was in Midway today though! Wes gots 8 cms of snow and 10-15 more coming before morning – gotta love Alberta!
    Kisses
    Nellie

1. The Canadian Cats

I heard on the TV where Alberta was getting snow….brrr….sounds like -2C for us tonight. I hope not cause mom still has 2 squash in the garden. Mom has never tried garlic….is it worth it in this cold climate of ours? Maybe I’ll get mom to try it. It should be fun..

Licks, Shoko

Was there any nip in the garden?? My, my guys….do you think that I would let mom get away without planting nip in the garden? We have 3 huge bushes….well not so huge anymore….hehehe. Catnip is a perennial so we will be seeing it next year too. If you guys were closer….we’d have you over for a pawty!.

(((Shoko)))

1. The Canadian Cats

Me too Crepes. I don’t want out so early anymore….its cold out there. Dad tidied up the garden so it doesn’t look like a THoE ran through but its not the same. Fall/winter is so long….about 7 months.

(((Shoko)))

8. meowers from missouri

whatta splendid garden! we are allus furry jellus (inna nicest possible way) of kittehs who haf gardens to guard! all we haf is a catio, which is inside (altho there are lotsa windows. it’s just not the same as feelin’ the dirts betweenst yer toes!) did yer mom ( an’ shoko) grow enny nip plants?

Hiya Meowers from Missouri. I envy you your catio…..we have a patio but its not a catio. In the winter you can go to your catio….I can’t find my garden under the snow. It’s true though, there is nothing like the feel of dirt on your claws and paws. I guess your mom couldn’t put dirt in a kitty litter tray and put it on the catio. No, one of your fursibs would go tinkles in it and then nobody would want to lie in it. A good buddy of mine has just moved to Missouri with his fursibs. I haven’t heard from them yet so I guess they are not settled yet.
      Did we grow catnip?? Of course, I had mom start it off in the house so it was a fair size plant when it went out. It’s a good idea to show the catnip on the blog because anipals have been asking. We have 3 nip plants on the go and they are perennial so we shall see them next year.

Glad to have you visit.

Hugs, (((Shoko)))

You are so right Easy….Fozziemum is just starting into spring. There are nice things about all the season….like in fall. the musty smell of the leaves. the cool walks with mom and the mice headed for warmer places….that’s when I do my best work.

(((Shoko)))

9. Nylabluesmum

EEoww Shoko yer garden waz pawsum!! Breathtakin eben!
    Wow yer amazin!!!
    We wanted to sayz we lub yer hearur piccie wif Kali n da photo peellow. Mum used to have 2 of dem herself. Aunti Mary liked dem so much Mum gave dem to her wirf me piccie in one n her poochie Chloe’z piccie in da other….
    We iz glad we stropped by here to bizit….(took Mum long enuff, eh??)
    Yer furendz Nylablue n Sherriellen Mum

Like I said the garden was a lot of work….I learned last year not to dig up the little plants cuz they die. This year was much better. My proudest triumph is my ..well, Kali and my catnip. All the kitties around us and stop by for a nip. We are always happy to see them. They must always leave a few nip leaves for next year.

So very nice of you to pop by and vu=isit….here take some nip home and enjoy.

(((Shoko)))