Kali’s going Bald!

Oh Kali this nip is scrumptious.

ahhh...Gods Gift

Hey Kali, what is that thing on your neck?

Ewww

Wha…what….ahhhh… is there a bug or something worse on my neck. I hate the great outdoors because of all the wildlife out here. They scare me…the creepy crawly things!

Watering can water

Watering can water

I’m heading inside but first a refreshing drink from the watering can.

Bald spot

Bald spot

Egads me lad!! Kali really is losing her fur. This explains the chunks of fur in the house. Mom!!! Come look at Kali.
Kali has an appointment tomorrow to see the vet. Mom says Kali is going to get a senior blood work up like Sammy beside having the bald spot looked at. Oh my, I’ll tell you how Kali is tomorrow after the visit to the vet.

19 thoughts on “Kali’s going Bald!

1. Marty the Manx

Oh dear! That is quite a large area. Keeping our paws and fingers crossed that the vet can figure it out for you.
    Marty and Mom

Thanks Purrsea. I hope not too. Kali is a very sweet kind kitty…even if she is my sister. She doesn’t like going to the vet….like the rest of us. Besides her nose is wet, her eyes are clear, she’s eating and drinking and playing,,,,except her fur is coming out in clumps.

2. Judy & C.A.T.S

Oh poor Kali! I hope the vet finds out why her fur is falling out. We send purrs and prayers for her. Cali sends special gentle head butts and purrs for Kali. Mom sends hugs to your mom. She says it’s really hard on the humans when there is something wrong with a furbaby and they can’t tell you what is wrong. Love, Cali, Andy, Tater and Shelly (C.A.T.S)

Mom and Kali will be off to the vet shortly but Kali seems happy and is eating and drinking so I just think its some form of allergy Kali has and she has a lot of them. Guess it was time for a new one! Than you for your concern and caring….its always appreciated.

(((Shoko)))

Uhoh….sorry to hear Kali’s got a baldy spot – looks like a sore or something there……I’m sure the vet can figure that little mystery out but I do hope nothing else shows up in her blood workup……she has enough to deal with already!! Let us know what’s up Shoko……

Hugs, Sammy

I sure will Sammy. The bald spot can’t be much because Kali is happy, eating and drinking and playing like ….better….than normal. The blood screening is a different matter…I’m going to keep my paws crossed that nothing else is effecting her health wise….she is so much happier and fun when she’s not in pain.

(((Shoko)))

Hi Roxy and Tigerlino, well Kali has been to the vet. She has an allergy to something she has been eating. I have been giving Shoko and Kali a small can of wet food once a week. They both are losing weight and I feel guilty. The vet said this could be the problem and gave Kali a cortisone shot because her skin was very red. I should know in about 2 weeks if it was the wet food or she is getting used to the Hypoallergenic food. She is sitting out in the sun right now. Let’s hope!

(((Shoko and Jean)))

4. dezizworld

OMC did yous get a flea yweatment Kali? Dat’s what it looks like. Course as yous age sumtimes these fings just happen. Sumtimes sis Lexi gets an itch so bad she scwatches til she’s bald in a spot. And evew once in a while when meez not have on me soft paws me will accidently scwatch hers and punctuwe hers old fwagile skin, and it will itch and cause hers tu scwatch it bald. Wees be purrayin’ fur yous.

Dezi

Hi Dezi and family,
      Kali is doing better now. She is allergic to something mom gave her. Mom has been giving a small tin of wet food a week to us. This could be the problem. Kali was given a cortisone shot as her skin was so red and dry. She is happily sleeping up her cat pole right now. The vet did a blood workup and it looks like she has a urinary infection too. I will call Monday. I have a feeling she is developing an allergic reaction to her hypoallergenic food but will know for sure in about 3 weeks. Thanks for you loving thoughts. Mom was scared something unfixable might be happening.

Big hugs (((Shoko)))

1. dezizworld

Sowwy Kali be havin’ twubble and wees suwe hope hers not allewgic tu hers special noms. And wees so sowwy ’bout da UtI. Meez had one of those afur and they be no fun at all. But at least yous got on it purretty quick so hers can get da tweatment tu make hers all bettew. Wish wees kulda helped mowe. Wees be purrayin’ dat all works out okay.

Dezi

Kali, That looks pawful. Looks like maybe you have an allergy to something, possibly in the yard. We sure hope the Vet can figure it out and stop the hair loss. Have a good weekend after you get home from your Vet visit. XO, Lily Olivia, Mauricio, Misty May, Giulietta, Fiona, Astrid, Lisbeth and Calista Jo

Hi Blue Family, I had a good visit with the vet. I put it in our blog. You’re right I am allergic to something. Mom had been giving us a small can of wet food once a week and the vet figures I was allergic to the wet food.

Have a great weekend.

Kali

6. Sushi

Oh my! That is a huge bald spot right there. I hope she’s just allergic to something and can be corrected easily not anything serious. Poor Kali… The vet will know what that is.