To Sleep or Not To Sleep

What is it about your hoomin’s sleeping habits that turns you off and forces you to vacate the comfy bed for quieter areas.  Many hoomins toss and turn all night, making falling  asleep very difficult for a furry Bunkie lying with them.  Some folk talk in their sleep or cry out.  What….do they expect me to do something or are they just babbling like usual.  Other folk kick out in their sleep.  They could send you riding through the air, without a magic carpet, and you will be deposited on the floor with a thud.  This is no way to wake up as it is akin to waking up on the wrong side of the bed.  Mom tosses and turns while talking in her sleep….crying out at times.  This doesn’t bother me….I sleep on…merely putting one paw over my eye.  What a horrible sound. it cuts right through my dreams.   The dreaded sneeze comes….I jump up and stare at her.  Don’t do it again!!  Then 2 more sneezes erupt in a row.  When mom sneezes, this fine mist is deposited all over me.  Cwap!  I must vacate the bed immediately.  Does your person do this also?  How can I make her stop?  I’ll be getting wrinkles soon from lack of sleep.

DSCN1283 sm

15 thoughts on “To Sleep or Not To Sleep

1. winterblueangel

Oh you poor dear! I don’t sleep with my human. I have several backup spots chosen. My human tosses too much and I seriously think she needs a bigger bed if she expects to sleep with me. Silly humans sleep at night too. That is the best time to be awake. Very odd indeed. I sure hope you manage to get your sleep though you look gorgeous anyway.

1. Canadian Cats

Dezi, my mom has an electric bed…I think that is what you mean, and she is propped up too. She just tosses a lot but I don’t mind the tossing. I ride it out on the quilt….its the spray of mist and the loud noise when she sneezes. It scares the cwap out of me! I have tried laying close to her chest but then I can’t sleep at all. I must get her to not sneeze….somehow.

Hugs, Shoko

2. Canadian Cats

Gee…I think its probably too hot in Louisiana to sleep together anyway. Thenthere is you will all your fur too. The best bet would be to sleep alone. Hoomins do sleep a lot and all through the exciting night. However, I wake mom up about 3am for loves and pats. She doesn’t mind…I know she protests but she doesn’t mean it. Take care my friend.

Hugs Shoko

2. dezizworld

OMC Bootyful don’t worry bout da wrinkles, sleepin’ wiff mommy makes up fuw dem. MOL Meez mommy dusn’t move at all when hers in bed. UUnless hers bad like a foo days ago. But dat dusn’t happen vewy offen. Hers sleeps in a hospital bed almost sittin’ up, so meez and Lexi just cownew hers in and shes dusn’t move. Den of couwse hers body fweezez up when da meds weaw off and hers weally dusn’t move. MOL Yous might twy sleepin’ on yous mommys chest. MOL

Dezi

Well Shoko, I don’t sleep with my parents any longer because I can’t pop up on the bed like I used to before I got arthritis SOOOOO they don’t disturb me! I have the living room sofa ALLLLLL to myself and I can’t even hear them snoring down there….cool huh? The sneezing and yelling and moving about would drive me nuts too – you might reconsider sleeping with her – even UNDER the bed has to be more restful than up there with her!!!!!!

Hugs, Sammy

1. Canadian Cats

Sammy, you got it made! The whole sofa to yourself! I don’t care about the yelling, talking and tossing. It’s the sharp sneeze and the water afterward that gets me. I sleep through the rest. It’s funny what we can get used to, isn’t it. Thanks for visiting Sammy and Pam.

Hugs, Shoko

4. fozziemum

Yep us hoomans toss turn bubble and squeak when we sleep 🙂 mind you I have a snoring kitty sitting behind my head n the couch and two snoring pups in front of the fire…so I guess we are all noisy hahhaha:) hugs Fozziemum x

1. Canadian Cats

You hoomins sure can make the noises too. I don’t snore…Kali told me. Kali snores something terrible but I can get used to that..it’s rhythmic, not all of sudden she snorts, like mom’s sneezes. I suppose I’ll just have to get used to them. *sigh* I guess its a small price to pay for the fun she can be during the day. Thanks for visiting fozziemum.

Hugs, Shoko

5. Canadian Cats

Good one Archie! I do catch up with my sleep during the day…don’t tell mom though. hehe She’s starting to get up outta bed before she sneezes. That’s all I wanted. Thanks for visiting.

Hugs, Shoko

6. sumilex77

Wow Shoko! Thats a lot to deal with! We all sleep in different places… Spooky sleeps with mom. She always has since a kitten and mom doesnt move a lot so I guess she is happy there. Dora goes to sleep with dad and once he’s asleep shge often retreats to the kitty bed in the bathroom. Trouble sleeps in all sorts of random places! He’s a boy and I think thats why.. you never know where you will spot him. Me, I like being up at night but then I sleep close to mom but not usually with her so when I notice her waking up I can run up on top of her and start purring and headbutting her. I love my mom! ~Tiger

1. Canadian Cats

Hi Tiger, You guys have quite the sleeping arrangements. It would be so nice if mom went to bed and actually went to sleep but no such luck. Think I would have to hit her on the head to keep her still. I can get used to everything except the mist when she sneezes. Maybe I’ll just get used to it eventually and just sleep through it. Thanks for visiting with me.

Hugs, Shoko

7. Marty the Manx

Mom tries to move around at night but the five of us have her pretty much pushed to her edge of the bed so she doesn’t bother us too much 🙂 Happy 6th Birthday Shoko! Sammy let us know!
    Marty